16.9.12

Let your breath drop in

Learning not to pull the rhythm and to taste that moment of nothingness happens while lying on the floor. Feet are cold, eyes are closed, and discomfort escapes parted lips with each vibrating sound: ha huh, in and out. It should be effortless. Take a walk, see them, and once you've made a connection all you need to say is 'yes'. 

I'm in a precarious position; do I open my heart to unfamiliarity or do I jump in my car and never look back? Will I let myself yearn until my bones ache? Get off your high horse; he died miles ago and wouldn't have been able to find your destination anyways. 

They find the containers to my emotions and expand them. Painfully, uncomfortably. I've been yearning for change and it was dropped into my lap; a new friend more familiar than the old ones. Smiles come easy nowadays. 

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment