8.2.18

And right now I'm doing the only thing I know how to


Life is emerging from tears; silent companions on long prairie drives. Not words just hands grasping for something tangible and maybe even warm to help get through life. Uncertainty awakes each morning as she steps out of her comfort zones and risks. I hate putting enough of me out there that people can hurt me, she says. All she can scream is ‘why not me’, not noticing the quiet soul standing behind her whispering ‘but why not me’. His eyes are sad and his hands are tentative; she folds into the gentleness and warmth of his attention guarded only by a concrete wall of careful. He’s at arms length and she’s a little cold; disappointment and bad news giving him a glimpse into her soul. Her lips aren’t as kind as his; defensive and hurtful. His patience persuaded them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment